Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine Vintage Postcards

You didn't think I'd forget my fetish for vintage postcards in February? How could I? Valentine's day was THE time to send them. Still is, although most lovers today don't send postcards. Can't say I mind envelopes...I don't think I'd want to over declare myself on something the mailman could read.

Right now in Indiana there's about two feet of snow on the ground. Maybe not quite that much, but enough to make these ocean views very appealing. The poor cupid dangling his legs on the edge of the pier looks lonely. And just what are the wild waves saying?? More than that verse, I'm guessing.



This one was rather Halloween-ish with the black cat. I think she's casting a valentine spell...



A tipsy looking cupid on a mushroom. Now that's funny.



Even better, a hot pants cupid, heh heh.

This one is so magical. I think she is a love-lorn fairy, asking cupid for a special valentine wish.



And finally, a modern valentine image. Very spooky. I wouldn't squeeze him too hard. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment