Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tangled Up In Blue

One of my favorite books of all time are the twin volumes the Snow Queen and The Summer Queen by Joan Vinge. She is not as well known as some authors writing the genre, but she should be, in my opinion. Her writing style combines the fantasy of Ray Bradbury with tight sci-fi sensibilities, and the intrigue of the best noir mystery authors. There is nothing else like it.


But there are only two! Or so I thought. I recently discovered another book, Tangled Up In Blue, which focuses on a minor, yet powerful, character in the first two This work isn't as mysterious as those, because this protagonist is not a native. Nonetheless, it's exciting and further develops the alien world...through an off worlder's eyes. I loved it.

There's one more. When it comes out on Kindle I will be buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment