Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year



Haven't been posting much lately...no excuse really, just haven't, but I have re-committed to my blog.

Nothing much going on with my writing...published Chimera, and I will have a sequel coming out to The Reckoning sometime in 2014. I guess that's pretty good, what I mean by no progress is my luck with big publishers. :-)

Been reading Jane Yolan recently. She is, in my opinion, the BEST re-teller of fairy tales. That's not all she does, mind you, but she is an expert on staying true to the original story, yet her stories are always sooooo different and wonderful. My new faves are The Thirteenth Fey, obvious which fairy tale this is but still fab, and Summer Snow, which isn't at first. I wasn't even sure it WAS a retelling. But when I realized which one it was...OMG, SO powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment