Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kinda Wow…

…is how I’m feeling this morning. It isn’t a big wow, perhaps more like a quiet woo. :-)

I finished another book: The Prodigy. I still have some editing to go. But it’s done.

I realized as I was checking for overused words and phrases, mistakes of spelling, punctuation, and consistency, that I’ve finally found that writing groove: idea gestation, compose, DONE, edit, submit, sell. (Or course, there is another whole list of stuff to do after you sell, but this is my list.)

I’m very happy I have another one under my belt. I’m satisfied to see my writing technically improve with every book…I don’t have to edit as much, yea! I’m looking forward to the contemplation and cogitation that comes with starting a new story.

But what I’m most glad about is that I finally feel like I’ve settled in. Yeah, still waiting for an agent and still very much wanting to have that best seller, but in the meantime, I feel like a writer.

A real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment