Monday, March 7, 2011

Predators and Editors

The question I'm asked most is...how do I get started in a writing career? What I've always answered is after you've honed your craft go join Writer's Mart. And although I'm no longer using that service, it was well-worth my money. They have articles about all things writing, from how to write a cover letter to what an agent does.

But after you've gotten your feet wet and are finally in the treading water stage, then what? You know how publishing works. You know how to query an agent. You have developed and polished your writing style.

In my opinion, the BEST resource for experienced writers without an agent (or even if you do have one), is the website Predators and Editors. Here you will find large lists of publishers and agents with descriptions of what they do and don't want. Most importantly, this site rates them...hence the usage of "predator" in their title.

This is the site I use most often to find places to submit. It's free, although you can donate. Which I will be doing after my first Ginormous Sale. :-)

http://pred-ed.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment