Saturday, January 16, 2010

Creativity

I have found that most creative people have more than one outlet. (And I would argue that everyone has a creative talent, although that is for another post.) For example, I write, but I also draw, play a couple of instruments, and dance.

My niece Ruthie also writes, she sings, plays an instrument, and participates in the theatre. I say "participate" because she doesn't just act, she directs, does the lighting, and helps with the sets.

At this point you may be waiting for my usual reason for the post. Am I encouraging writers to have different creative outlets? Am I supporting multiple creative endeavours? Yeah. Let's say that.

Or as a good friend often says, who am I kidding? I'm proud of my niece. Here she is. (Bottom, second from right.) Visit the website. See the play if you're in the area. It's a great little playhouse, and of course, Ruthie is star quality.

I'm NOT biased. Well, maybe a little. But she IS fab. Go. You'll see.


http://www.buckcreekplayers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment