Saturday, September 25, 2010

Book Review



I just finished The Shadow of Your Smile, by Mary Higgins Clark. This author was recommended to me by my sister Quinn, and because I’m writing a mystery right now I decided to read one. This author is quite successful. My sister says her plots are always the same; the perp is in fact a sociopath…someone who can blend into to society but wait…he or she is really a killer. Quinn thinks the fun is guessing who it is.

And she was right. I began the book with a ho hum sort of feeling; it’s a traditional mystery, third person, a rather detached sort of style, lots of people introduced, big on plot less on setting and character development. No magical bits. :-)

But then I couldn’t put it down. I had to know Who Done It. Without giving it away, I guessed only half the ending. I was really trying. And Ms. Clark still fooled me.

Masterful.

I’m glad she’s written many books.

No comments:

Post a Comment