Friday, September 17, 2010

Feelin' Groovy

I’m smack dab in the middle of my new, as yet unnamed, book. Well, maybe not exactly in the middle, but pretty darn close. This one’s going fast…I love writing mysteries. It’s such fun creating a puzzle and then solving it. And although I do enjoy writing for young adults, it’s also interesting to compose a story with an adult protagonist.

Today I finished a chapter, sat back in my desk chair, and realized how happy I was. Even though I’ve got a lot going on with books and publishers and agents oh my, it’s a good busy. The writing lifestyle, while hard, is also wonderful.

Yes, there are pitfalls, yes it can be disheartening. But writing is also exhilarating. And writers are rarely bored; there are always new characters and plots popping into my head. I feel very lucky to have the time, the inspiration, and the tenacity I need to write.

I’m not much of a take a break, bask in the now, gather up roses kind of gal. But today, just for a moment, I understood how much fun I was having.

It was a great couple of minutes. :-)

Back to work.

Slow down, you move too fast
You gotta make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobblestones
Lookin' for fun and
Feelin' groovy

Hello lampost
Whatcha knowin'?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain'tcha got no rhymes for me?
Doo Bee Doo Doo,
Feelin' groovy

Got no deeds to do
No promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me...
Life, I love you,
All is groovy


Paul Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment