Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween is in the Air

Today I'm bringing in the outside chairs and umbrella; I leave them out until October, always hoping for one last day on the porch. And it never happens.

Don't get me wrong...I love fall...but there's a tinge of sadness as the last warm days fade into the coming winter. Living in the Midwest displays the turning wheel of the year in a way that cannot be ignored.

As a writer, the changing seasons remind me that I only have so much time to get down on paper all the stories that whirl about in my head. I must balance that hard cold fact with living in the moment, as that is where my inspiration comes from.

I never want to forget that life should be fun, and is often funny. I found some wonderful Halloween invitations that capture that humorous feeling. Check them out: a ghost and witch tug-of-war, and a bunch of elves helping a witch get ready for a party. Doesn't get much better than that.



No comments:

Post a Comment